Who do you spend your time with?

There are two articles published in Medium with a gap of just a month. How about it?

 You are the average of the five people you spend the time with

You are NOT the average of the five people you spend time with. 

While you go through it and decide whether or not we are like those five people we spend time with or not. What definitely is in our control is the company we choose to spend time with. I love connecting with people and real conversations. Here is how I choose, whom I surround myself with.

People who care for me. They express there care for my wellbeing, in words and in their actions.

People who are happy when I am happy. People with whom I want to celebrate when I achieve my goals. People who are sad on my setbacks, my failures, my tough times. 

People who stand by me in tough times, not so happy times. 

People who encourage me, to take risks, responsibilities, decisions. Who encourage me even after a failure. People who discuss my doubts as if their own doubts, their own concerns.

People who challenge me, to change my mind. Challenge my way of thinking. 

People who confront me, on my actions, my wrongdoings. People who push me to be my best version. Not theirs, not ideal. People who push me to be best of me. 

People who are same with me with or without any crowd around us. 

People who listen, without offering a solution, consolation. 

People who are happy to share silence with me.

People who share food and jokes with me. 


"Spend time with people who brings smile on your face before you spend time with them and even long after spending time with them."



Comments