Serendipity

Serendipity that life throws always amazes me. 

Early this week kid wanted to read me a book, Flea and Diva. I happily agreed. I came across a new word which I immediately fell in love with. 

Flâneur - Someone(Somecat from a book) who wanders to see what there is to see.

Great flâneur has seen everything, but still looks for more, because there is always more to discover. 

Little did I know that same word will come across in a book that I picked up reading, Antifragile. This is not it. 

It is second occurrence of this week. Before Antifragile I was reading Trevor Noah's biography Born a Crime. In one of the chapters in a book, he was telling a story and wanted to highlight some accent. I was thinking while reading that piece how difficult it is to convey accent, tone in writing. A day later I came across an article in HBR quoting exact same thing. 


It's always a relief to find a thing you are looking for. But my god, joy of discovering something new is simply incomparable. 





Has this happened to you? I would like to hear your experience. Please share here. 👇

Comments