Best Gift You Can Give to Another Human Being

Time after September 2018 was tough. I had lost my dad, and I just couldn't believe it. I guess this happens when you lose someone all of a sudden, or maybe it happens when you lose someone, it starts as a denial to accept death. 

Days were kind of fazed, being in US away from home made it even more difficult. I used to go to a nearby gym in the morning. In normal times I would have gone to that place cheerfully, would have tried to know people there, make new friendships. But those weren't normal times. I went to gym because I liked getting tired, exhausted, I thought somehow the pain will just go away through all that sweat. I wasn't interested in people around me. 

However I ended up being friends with three people I met there. Yohana, Judy and Lindsay. These people went beyond normal hi/hello and tried to connect with me. They asked me questions, they waited for me, they kept my spot, they told me what their plans are for holidays, they asked mine, they were interested in me and my likings. They CHOSE ME to be their friend. Usually as an outsider I would've had to make efforts to gel in with locals and make connections. It was a best feeling, being chosen by someone. I think it made my healing easier and also faster in faraway land. 

'Being wanted', 'Being chosen' is the greatest gift you can give to another human being. I am fortunate to have been chose by those people then, I am fortunate to have been chosen by some people always. #Blessed 



Share you thoughts. Please comment here. 👇

Comments