Coolest Things I learned - February 2021

1. Did you know that there was 6000 years of gap between invention of a wheel and putting those wheels on suitcases? Even moon landing was 3 decades before. Nicholas Taleb in his book 'Antifragile' refers this as a human imagination(or lack of) #GoodReads

2. New word I liked from my kids book she read to me called Diva & Flea.
Flâneur - Someone(Somecat from a book) who wanders to see what there is to see. Great flâneur has seen everything, but still looks for more, because there is always more to discover.
*The word is mentioned in Antifragile as well :) Coincidence like this makes me realize, when you are looking for something, universe conspires in bringing it closer to you. 

3. Communication Principle: KISS which stands for
Keep It Simple, Stupid
I like how this principle has a wider application in other things of life.

4. Changing the world does not have to be about technology.
An inspiring journey of founder of Planet Abled - Neha Arora
You must check this.

5. Zoom fatigue is a word now. As the Covid pandemic enters its second year, with many people still working and attending school remotely, Stanford researchers has begun study on long term effects of video conferencing at psychological levels.
I didn't pay much attention to it in 2020 when I wrote this article, but I have started to realize it now. Videoconferencing drains your energy. 

Comments